Chair: Jan Applin
Vice-Chair: Lee Peters
Coordinator: Jo Randell
Treasurer: Peter Randell
Aboriginal Cultural Mentors: Karl Mourach and Doreen Green with support from , Marie Taylor , Roma Winmar and our Patrons
Secretary: Rochelle Cole (Including Memberships and Contacts)
General Member: Sue Peaker, Mary Jo Harris and George Walley
Madjitil Moorna thrives on the generous guidance of people across the community including many Elders.
Singers are also volunteers, bringing a huge variety of skills to make gigs, events, projects and occasional tours possible.
The choir runs on huge amounts of goodwill and gratitude!
Jo Randell - Choir Gigs, Projects, Communications, Resource Development and Publicity
Della Rae Morrison - Music Director, Cultural Awareness, Production and Projects
George Walley - Music Director, Cultural Awareness
Candice Lloyd - Mentor re Marketing, Resource Development, Production and Projects
Kobi Morrison - Guitarist, Assitant Music Director and Music Support. Leader of Koondarm Choir and Kannajil - community Noongar Song workshops.
Wren Thomas - Leader of Koondarm Choir
Jane Nicholas - Music Support
Thérèse Duirs - Music Support and Transport
Tracy Sandercock - Gigs and Music Support
Pauline Vigus - Publicity, Promotion, Grants and Events
Dawn Michelle - Publicity
Mary Jo Harris - Projects and Events
Angela Highstead - Venue Management and Events, Archives
Lee Peters - Networking, Communications and Grants
John Matthews - Internal Communications
Clare O'leary - Community Support
Jemma King - Community Support
Sharyn Egan - Arts Support
Marie Jacquier - Arts Support
Cathi Payne - Resource Dispatch, Koorlong workshop support person and Go-to-girl!
Debbie Holden - Accounts
Pete Randell - Bookkeeping
Our Aims, in conjunction with Aboriginal musical directors:
- To sing in and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait language songs and compositions by indigenous artists from around Australia.
- To acknowledge and embrace the stolen generations and their journey of healing.
- To generate healing within the community through the vibrations of our harmonious songs.
- To increase our Aboriginal and Torres Strait membership at every opportunity.
- To create a warm, sensitive, safe environment to encourage members to express the joy and beauty of music.
- To promote and embrace reconciliation through the multicultural blend of our members.
- To share the joy of singing to and with Aboriginal communities and country towns.
- To encourage Aboriginal communities and people from remote regions to form similar singing groups to enhance the healing process.
- To have no singing pre requisites for membership, apart from the will to receive and spread the joy in songs and camaraderie.
- To use practise methods and materials that allow for members to learn to sing or develop their confidence to sing in a nurturing and supportive way.
Aunty Karl Mourach, Dec 2007